• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DV's

DesertXJ said:
What's the BEST DV for my chipped MkIV 1.8T?

You could go Forge. They are serviceable and adjustable. Most guys I know that are chipped just go with the 710 N Valve (AUDI TT). I have it on my B5 1.8T with an APR chip and it works great. Best of all it's only 31.00 at the Audi dealership.
You having a low boost problem? What chip you running?

Joe,
No probs yet. Forge 007 is what I've been looking at.
Actually I'm not chipped yet but will have a Neuspeed next week. I'm going with NS because of Cali smog laws. They are the only ones C.A.R.B. legal.

It's kind of funny as I was bored at work yesterday when I threw this semi cryptic question up. I was just curious what kind of responses I would get.

Have you been to vwvortex.com? Pretty cool place with LOTS of info.

DesertXJ said:
Joe,
No probs yet. Forge 007 is what I've been looking at.
Actually I'm not chipped yet but will have a Neuspeed next week. I'm going with NS because of Cali smog laws. They are the only ones C.A.R.B. legal.

It's kind of funny as I was bored at work yesterday when I threw this semi cryptic question up. I was just curious what kind of responses I would get.

Have you been to vwvortex.com? Pretty cool place with LOTS of info.

Vortex is alright. There's probably more info there for you MKIV guys than us B5 guys though. Since I have a Passat, I usually hang out at Clubb5.com or Audiworld since the A4 is pretty much mechanically identical to the B5.
The B5 Forum on Vortex suffers a kind of 'Jeeps Unlimited' syndrome if you know what I mean. Sometimes the info there is kind of questionable.
Good luck with the Neuspeed Chip. They've been doing chips for a long time now. You getting the VBL 1.1 bar chip?

ACE said:
Vortex is alright. There's probably more info there for you MKIV guys than us B5 guys though. Since I have a Passat, I usually hang out at Clubb5.com or Audiworld since the A4 is pretty much mechanically identical to the B5.
The B5 Forum on Vortex suffers a kind of 'Jeeps Unlimited' syndrome if you know what I mean. Sometimes the info there is kind of questionable.
Good luck with the Neuspeed Chip. They've been doing chips for a long time now. You getting the VBL 1.1 bar chip?

I'm still kinda new to this turbo stuff.....and chipping. What do they have and what's the difference? I assume one has more boost than the other.

A neighbor of mine has an '03 GTI w/ NS chip, IC pipe and TIP. It's a sweet running car.

Back