• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full circle clips

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
where the hell do you get either:

tru arc 5100-118

or

rotor clip sh-118

where you don't have to buy a bag of 100 of them?

I saw a bag of 25 but they were disgustingly overpriced.

what the hell.

gawd don't make me resort to a ju-groupbuy.

mcmaster,msc,grainger,etc....are stike-outs

Quit your whining and buy the bag of 100, then sell/give them to your friends. That's what our TJ buddy Garry Hall did, and a bunch of us west coast rockers have some of them.

If a retired TJ guy can do it......you can do it. :rolleyes:

:D

After looking all over, I finally found some at a place in West Sacramento called Driveline Services (916-371-3332). They're a perfect fit, but I got raped for $2 a piece!

These are for aftermarket shafts, right? I ground a stock shaft down yesterday (an old broken one) and decided it's a little too risky for me. I have a mix of stock shafts and Warn shafts, so I think I'm going to tack the stock ones and use the snap rings on the Warn ones.

Beez, they should come with your CTM's.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Beez, they should come with your CTM's.

CRASH

Yup, they'll come with the CTM's. Just need a coupls for spares, or to use if you carry spare shafts.

super hard core, heat treated, Cryo'd circlips coming soon.

Are they made of 300M? Are they titanium nitrided?

I must have a set!

CRASH

CRASH said:
Are they made of 300M? Are they titanium nitrided?

I must have a set!

CRASH

I don't actually know anything at all about them, except to say that Jack really is looking into making them. It seems that most CTM failures are the result of circlip wear, not bushing wear as some of us were thinking.
Paul

Dang Beezil, if these are just for trail spares, what the heck is wrong with your welder?

Or you could try the URF Racing "upgrade to 297's by welding kit", I don't have the part number handy though.

To preserve my D30 before the axle swap, I welded the front caps. Not just tack welded either. Thinking I'd only need them a short while. They lasted 18 months and about 6K miles. And were still fine when sold.

Spares, weld them boys.

Grant

Jes said:
How does the circlip "wear"?

Jes

I don't know about wear, but on the CTM that I broke the snap ring was cut in half around the radius of the cap/yoke. That was a little amazing to see, that snap ring is not very wide, but it was cut into two very thin pieces.

Grant said:
Dang Beezil, if these are just for trail spares, what the heck is wrong with your welder?

Or you could try the URF Racing "upgrade to 297's by welding kit", I don't have the part number handy though.

To preserve my D30 before the axle swap, I welded the front caps. Not just tack welded either. Thinking I'd only need them a short while. They lasted 18 months and about 6K miles. And were still fine when sold.

Spares, weld them boys.

Grant

Is there anything on your Jeep you haven't welded?

:D :D

Goatman said:
I don't know about wear, but on the CTM that I broke the snap ring was cut in half around the radius of the cap/yoke. That was a little amazing to see, that snap ring is not very wide, but it was cut into two very thin pieces.

Okay, that makes sense. The one I fragged after BOTW was similar, although it was creased and not actually cut.

Jes

Jes said:
How does the circlip "wear"?

Jes
I guess wear isn't the best way to describe it. I should have said they thin-out, or break as in Richard's case. The ujoint settles to one side, putting pressure on that clip, while taking all the pressure off the other side. Some of us were talking about the resulting play in our ujoints at JV, thinking it was the bushuing wearing out, but acording to Jack it's caused by the circlip.
Paul

Titanium, it's the only acceptable solution.

I must have it.

CRASH

Back