• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5 Yj

Moto

NAXJA Member #576
I have a freind who is looking for a place to buy some performance parts for his 89 YJ 2.5, Looking for things like cam, headers, exhaust. Anyone know of anywhere that sells these?

Any off road shop. I bought a set of Borla Headers and ran new exhaust down mine through my shop. Not sure which way I'm headed with it though... V8 or supercharger. Anyway, just talk to your local 4x4 shop. They can point him in the right direction and maybe give him some tips on what works and what doesn't before he blows the $$.

I bought a set of Borla Headers and ran new exhaust down

I did not realize Borla made a 2.5L Header..... Where did you get that? Cams use to be available from DC but have been discontinued. You can bore the TB on the 2.5L. You could switch to the 91-96 2.5L that would put out more power. Pacesetter makes headers and exhaust. But some people say they are not the best quality. I am not sure personally.

Cams you can get from Mopar performance, headers from Clifford, and Catback makes a exhaust system for the 2.5l. Definitely bore the throttle body like Ghost said. Have fun.

I got that about 3 years ago through North Florida Off Road. I don't remember how much $$. Around 300 I think but don't quote me on that. It's for a YJ not an XJ and I don't know if Borla ever made a 2.5 XJ unit.

Hawaiian Style said:
I got that about 3 years ago through North Florida Off Road. I don't remember how much $$. Around 300 I think but don't quote me on that. It's for a YJ not an XJ and I don't know if Borla ever made a 2.5 XJ unit.

The cam is the only thing thats seems to be verry illusive. DC/Mopar does not make them any more and I can't find anyone that does. Seems as though the only option would be to have it reground

Hesco (Hurley Engine Service) can hook yah up.. www.hescosc.com . They have a complete line of parts and professional tech advice as well as complete engine service..Check out their MJ delivery truck...a lot of the stuff sold thru Mopar Performance was engineered by them.

You can get a decent set of headers from Clifford but you risk Extremely Poor service. I have been waiting on a back-order part since early SEPTEMBER!!!! Worst of all is the part is prepaid. :banghead:

I got my cam off ebay. There are a few that show up evry now and again but it's rare now days.

Back