• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac-Loc Noise?

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So does anybody elses trac-loc make noise when cornering. I noticed it a little when I first got the jeep, but now with the larger tires and lift it sounds like the discs are making even more noise. Is this something to worry about or is it the nature of the beast?

CartsXJ said:
So does anybody elses trac-loc make noise when cornering. I noticed it a little when I first got the jeep, but now with the larger tires and lift it sounds like the discs are making even more noise. Is this something to worry about or is it the nature of the beast?
Hmm in my 98 the tracloc itself never made noise.. only the tires..... and then one day it fell appart on me: when I pulled it to put in a no slip I had pieces of the little spacer disk fall out...... so my question is whether it still works? (jack up the rear and turn one tire and see which direction the other goes.. if same.. it works, if opposite, it doesn't). Then take the cover off drain oil and see if there are any loose pieces floating around...

Also make sure that if you've changed the diff lube that you've put in the LS additive. It WILL chatter without it. (at least mine did)

Ok thanks guys, thats what I thought. I had a feeling that the I didn't put enough additive in it. It still works, had it up and checked it out last week, both tires spin in the same direction. Going to change the fluid this weekend, been about 3000 miles on the new gears, time for new fluid, I'll actually look in the owners manual:anon: this time for the right amount to add.

Back