• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP207 front DS yoke

MudDawg

NAXJA Member #728
Today i destroyed the front DS. Looking ahead to planned future mods I want to install a DC front shaft, but i need to know what TC front yoke I need and sources for one.

I have done several searches and came up with no definative answer...please help. Thanks in advance.

Think I just used one off a 231 to change the driveshaft style on the wifes 85 xj 2.8. Had to shorten a later model drive shaft to fit. Might have one at the shop...

just get one off an older 231 i got mine of a 90 and it worked fine, i also found a cv shaft ont the same vehicle in the junkyard and got both for $90 which i thought was a good deal, but i had to have the driveshaft shortened which cost me $100 with new ujoints as well. not too bad.
joe

Yes, a 231 yoke will work fine.

I had mine changed and had to shorten the new driveshaft also. Then, when I installed the RE drop brackets, I had to lengthen it back!!!

I do not know what lift you have, but if you plan to install drop brackets, keep that in mind.

Rgds

Get a yoke from an early 231 w/26 splines,and get the driveshaft from a four cylinder rig and everything *should* be a bolt-in deal:D If you take a close look at the t-case mount at the frame,the 4.0 uses the two rearward holes to mount the x-member,while the 4 popper and 2.8 V-6 use the two forward holes (both the 4.0 and 2.8/2.5 use one of the holes in common,just on the 4.0 it'll be used as the front bolt hole,while on the 2.8/2.5 it'll be used as the rear hole) I'm not certain as to whether or not the early models had 3 holes on the frame,as the early models weren't designed to carry the 4.0 drivetrain. So,in theory,a 2.5 liter driveshaft should be the same length as the 2.8 driveshaft with the D/C conversion. I've even seen 207's come from the factory with a D/C yoke behind the 2.5 (never seen it on a 2.8,but there's not any reason why they wouldn't be there in some rare cases) :)

Back