• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar diameter..

xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know the trackbar diameter dimension for a 1987 XJ Wagonneer Limited? Is it a standard for that model/year?

Ugh...

Thanks...

Are you refering to the thickness?

If so I believe its 1.25" and solid.

Well.. I just wanna replace the bushings, and Q-tec has four different sizes 23, 24, 25 and 28mm.

Are you sure you're not talking about the anti-sway bar? I know that it comes in the sizes you posted. If your limited is like most I've seen then it is probably 28mm but may be 25mm. If you don't have a caliper to measure it with then just get a crescent wrench and open it up so that it straddles the bar and just use a ruler to measure the opening. Most crescent wrenches have some play so get it as precise as possible.

28mm is the largest bar used on the XJ, and an '87 Waggoneer would probably have that size. There was never a 1.25" anti-sway bar.

Best way to confirm what you have is measure. If you don't have a caliper, use a Crescent (adjustable) wrench, adjust it to fit the diameter of the bar, and measure the opening with a tape rule.

BTW, 28mm is 1.10", which is a hair less than 1-1/8".

My 90 MJ had a 25mm, 1"

Got the greasable zerk poly ones.

My 87 waggy has a larger swaybar diameter...

Interesting that Jeep(AMC/Chrysler) used so many different sizes seemingly at random...

Teron

Back