• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

inchitis/flexitis- trailmaster 4.5 to RE 5.5 XJLA extreme duty

CaptTrev

NAXJA Forum User
ok...

my first lift i got was a trailmaster 4.5" kit. it has been ok, but doesnt flex that great, and reuses a lot of stock equipment (control arms etc). (I got it originally cuz it was all i could afford at the time) I'd like to start over with something new. (and see the old kit

I really want to move into a very serious lift, and was wondering what you could tell me about the Rubicon Express RE6300 5.5" XJLA Extreme Duty kit.

I realize I'd be going from OEM short arms to a long arm kit, and I think that would be good for me because it would give a good street ride combined with real good off-road flex.

what are the negatives to a long arm vs the short arm (in brief)

Ive been following these discussions for years now on here, but was wondering if anyone could summarize it in short. (no pun intended)

can anyone reccommend a better lift kit in the 5-6" range?
I want to run 33's, but MAYBE 35s in the future (im currently on 31s). I do mostly highway driving, but when i go offroad, its mostly on the beach, and sometimes rocks and hills.

thanks!!

capttrev

Back