• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broke my lock right

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I haven't really broken anything before. I'm not that hard on my XJ....so that could be why.

But I think my lock right finally gave in to pritchett during the Moab event.:D

It's probably still usable if I got new pins, but I think they are going to warranty it anyway.

Pics:
IMG_3785-2.jpg

IMG_3786-2.jpg

This too is an 8.25" or at least what was left of mine..
picture.JPG

when it broke it spooled itself which was fine with me till Ibroke and axle and bent the housing. Then I trashed it all and went 9"

sorry 4 the big pic the resized link didn't work. Oh and as a side note: Can you identify all the items in my rear trunk clusterf*ck there are a good 5 or six.

yeah, I'm sure that when I start breaking more stuff that I'll end up with a 9".....but for now I'm ok.

and heck, it was solid for a year, right?:D

If the pic weren't sideways and so damn big, I might be able to figure out all the stuff.....but damn. :eek:

The one thing that continues to keep me in check with this rear axle is the picture of yours.....tire off....all broken up. That's no good.

Makes me think the next big "BANG" from mine may be it,s last.
It,s only been in for 100K-----

Wayne

cbremer said:
i spy with my little eye, a broken diff (duh), jumper cables, a floor jack, a stub shaft with ABS tone ring, toolbox, and uhhh... a tie down strap/snatch strap? (can't tell the width).

:cool:
Wow thats pretty good lol, only things I can see that you forgot are the highlift handle, my front plate, broken 9" shaft (one with black tape), and the broken 8.25" shaft (one without tape), oh and my front sway bar is tucked in by the shafts.

Oh and Fatwreck here is a pic to keep ya thinkin with all detail;)
http://www.fototime.com/{3BB37416-9308-4951-854E-7A319BBBB661}/picture.JPG

Last edited:
Back