• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case pumped out fluid after sye kit

mikeyl

NAXJA Forum User
i just installed a tom woods sye kit. everything seemed ok during a brief dirt lot testing. the following day i had to leave before daylight for work related stuff and put about 180 miles on the rig. during that time it pumped out all the fluid out of the t-case. not sure but it appears to have been at the output flange. the fluid was over my cat.my rear axel and left a hug dripping mess in the parking lot. i limped it to a friends house where i discovered it had no juice. not sure how long it ran empty but was not making any loud whining or other bad sounds. any idea what may be the logical suspect. i haven't checked the vent hose yet but i never did touch it and asssume it was ok, but will check it this weekend as i had to leave my ride at my friends house.

id clean it all off and fill it back up, then see where its leaking from. there are only a few places it could leak from. the tail cone if the seal is not properly set or missing. mine leaks from the that seal when i over fill it. it could be leaking from the case halves seam. the tail cone seam where it meets the back half of the case. the best way to tell though is clean it all up, fill it up, and observe.

Hunter

You may have also cut the o-ring on the speed-o housing when you reinstalled it. The tailcone hole where it feeds into has a sharp edge. Pull the speed-o housing off and inspect the o-ring...

Back