• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bushwacker flares

osbornl1

NAXJA Forum User
hey all i know this has been beat to death oh here. i tore off my stock flare and am looking to put on some new ones. i have 3 inchs of lift and 31x1050 tires on a 15x8 rim with 3.75 inchs of backspacing. how stupid will this look with that small of a tire and that big of a flare. does anyone know of any other flares that arent that wide. stock ones with this setup rub. also if anyone has pics of small lift and bushwackers please post them.

thanks

osbornl1 said:
hey all i know this has been beat to death oh here. i tore off my stock flare and am looking to put on some new ones. i have 3 inchs of lift and 31x1050 tires on a 15x8 rim with 3.75 inchs of backspacing. how stupid will this look with that small of a tire and that big of a flare. does anyone know of any other flares that arent that wide. stock ones with this setup rub. also if anyone has pics of small lift and bushwackers please post them.

thanks

Pretty Sill IMHO

ya thats what i was thinking thats why i was looking at rustys flares i know there brittle but i dont do any extreme. this is my daily driver.

i may be full of it but i thought stock tj flares were wider than xj flares :confused:

small pederson said:
i may be full of it but i thought stock tj flares were wider than xj flares :confused:

Not by much.

without flares my tires stick out over half past my fenders throws rain up on my windsheild while driving real annoying. stock flares wont fit (well already broke one) so if im gonna buy 4 im think ahead planning on going to 31 1250 or 32 1150 just cannot afford gear swap or more lift cause of driveshaft problems

tj flares are around an inch wider than xj flares, but that is a moot point if you BWs would look funny. TJ flares give you more room than BW's.
I ran with 30x9.50 at 5" of lift an TJ flares in the front for a couple of months while I was saving up for bigger meats. I dont think it looks that bad.
full_8054_p98673.jpg

This is just my opinion of course, but I think TJ flares look horrible. Sorry.

basalt51 said:
This is just my opinion of course, but I think TJ flares look horrible. Sorry.

ever seen the all rear flares look? I used to not like the tj flare look, but once I saw jes's, I was in love :D

Ya, I agree. I was never a fan of using tj flares. But when I saw 4 rear flairs, I was sold. That will be what I do someday. If you aren't big on tj front and rear, look at some pictures of Jes' and see if you like that.

marcus

i can't believe your rubbing?!?!?!

i'm running the exact same set up... 3" lift, 31x10.5 meats, 15x8 black steelies...and i think the back spacing is the same....not totally positive about that...

but i've had mine flexed to the MAXIMUM and the rear tires come close...but tuck neatly into the fenders?!?

weird...

Anyways TJ flares look cool from far...but as you get closer, where there are bumps and ridges in the XJ body, the TJ flares are flat...so i found it kind of looks messy...but if you don't care, then it's a pretty good mod..and looks cool with the 31's!! :cool:

Yeah I just don't like the TJ flares. I do think the 4 rears are better because they don't have the reflector, but I don't like them.

I think stock flares, no flares, or Bushwackers with 35"+ tires looks the best.

Again, just my opinion :)

dork said:
i can't believe your rubbing?!?!?!

i'm running the exact same set up... 3" lift, 31x10.5 meats, 15x8 black steelies...and i think the back spacing is the same....not totally positive about that...

but i've had mine flexed to the MAXIMUM and the rear tires come close...but tuck neatly into the fenders?!?

weird...

Anyways TJ flares look cool from far...but as you get closer, where there are bumps and ridges in the XJ body, the TJ flares are flat...so i found it kind of looks messy...but if you don't care, then it's a pretty good mod..and looks cool with the 31's!! :cool:

You running big bumpstops?

I ran stock bumpstops and with 4.5" of lift and 31" TrXus I rubbed.

At 5.5" of lift with 32x11.5 SSR's I nearly tore my fenders off LOL.

TOZOVR said:
You running big bumpstops?

I ran stock bumpstops and with 4.5" of lift and 31" TrXus I rubbed.

At 5.5" of lift with 32x11.5 SSR's I nearly tore my fenders off LOL.

i'm not too sure, but they look stock... i had my lift kit installed..but i highly doubt that it came with them... it's a skyjacker 3" lift kit with add-a-leaf in the rear... and i didn't buy any..so i dono?!? weird :confused:

Back