• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Hooks with Manik Brush Guard

Scott Williams

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a Manik Brush Guard installed on my '99 XJ. I would very much like to install some front tow hooks. It looks to me that the brush guard is installed where most of the tow hooks I've seen would be installed. Does anyone have experience installing tow hooks along with a brush guard like this? I'd really like to have both. Is there a product out there specifically for this application?
TIA

as far as I know, there is no safe way of doing this...of course you could always weld the brush guard to your bumper, and cut the mounts off, so youcan safely mount tow hooks....:D:angel:

I read somewhere that a guy put hooks on his brushguard( I don't know what brand) and the guard was pulled off when he was trying to get unstuck. You might as well just get a tow hook kit and do it right. Or fab something up your self that you KNOW will be strong.------------Dave

Yeah, that's what I meant... I don't want to install tow hooks ON the brush guard, I want to install them where they are intended to go. But I think that the bg is installed where tow hooks are usually installed. What I want to know is is there a way to install them both safely.

I installed my tow hooks on the brush guard mounting brakets. They are just about the same bracket as rustyts will sell you. I havent had to use them yet so I can't help you with the stregnth issue, but they look strong enough to work, I hope.
:confused:

Back