• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Product for you CA Builders

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
XJBushing.JPG

http://www.rocklogic4x4.com/

Big Ditto on that,Way to go Chuck!!!!!!

Nice, I wound up finding a tubing size that fit the bushing just right in the scrap pile at the local metal mart. but that part would be easier to use, their prices seem pretty reasonable also.

Someone please fill me in :confused: Am I looking at LCA bushings and pieces of tubes to put them in to be welded to arms?? Thanks

Ary

The metal shell on a factory rubber bushing has 2 different diameters.The larger of the 2 must be machined out ot the sleeve you are going to weld on!

RCP Phx said:
The metal shell on a factory rubber bushing has 2 different diameters.

I know allll about this :mad: I had to go to the minor emergency place to get my hand fixed up after wrestling with these damn things for so long. I don't think RE machines their tubes though, they just press 'em in, which makes putting new ones in a B!TCH. ok, rant off

Ary

Yeah,I remember about the injury(bow hunt),even after machining mine it still took everything my 12 ton press could deliver to get them in.Ive heard some say no machining but that must require a "really big" press.I tried it with no counter bore but a nice chamfer,"NO Fr****n Way"!

you see, the thing that threw me was "for you CA builders" I took to mean "for you californian builders" not control arm builders. As for getting mine in there, it took some serious convincing with a 20 ton press and it still ended up deforming the crap out of the outer lip. And to make me feel like it was entirely worth it, I still get DW from time to time :mad:

Ary

I dont know why everyone always complains I really didnt have that big of a problem when I did my bushing I just stuck them in the vice and a little oil and boom they were in.

XJCHUCK72 said:
Some like the way rubber feels, I think it feels more natural than the Poly. :D
You are talking about control arms right chuck? :laugh2: :roflmao:
Anyway, Dazz, I had Poly for a while and won't go back. Not enough give and to much NVH transfer

Guys, hate to tell you this, but Rusty has been selling a similar loop for at least a year or two. Not as thick, but works just fine. Just remember it has been machined a little large so it has to be powder coated before the bushing will fit snugly. I installed mine with a bench top vise.
mattk

This may sound like a dumb question for those of you who have already built your CA's. I have never put new bushings on CA's so I do not have that experience, however I do plan on building LA's in the not soo distant future and want to be prepared.

What is wrong with useing the tube that comes with stock CA's that bushings are in, or if they are not strong enough then sleave it with larger tube? wouldn't this provide a similar "fix".

Michael

There is "no" tube/sleeve on factory arms!!!!!!!

2xtreme said:
This may sound like a dumb question for those of you who have already built your CA's. I have never put new bushings on CA's so I do not have that experience, however I do plan on building LA's in the not soo distant future and want to be prepared.

What is wrong with useing the tube that comes with stock CA's that bushings are in, or if they are not strong enough then sleave it with larger tube? wouldn't this provide a similar "fix".

Michael

Like RCP said there is no tube. There is a very thin walled sleeve that the rubber is pressed in to. That sleeve has to be pressed into a tube that is welded to the CA. RCP discovered, as I did, that the sleeve has two different OD's and that needs to be bored into the tube that gets welded to the LCA. Relatively speaking it was a PITA. I would have bought those if I could have especially seeing how I had to pay $25 for my bushings anyway.

Back