• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone run the new TRXUS tire from super swamper

rthill97tj

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if anyone has or knows anyone who has run the new TRXUS tire from Super swamper? If so I was wondering what kind of street manner they had and how long do you think they are going to last? Any help greatly appreciated.

I have the 33" flavor, not bad road manners at all, considering that its 12'' wide. About al loud as my 30" BFG AT's use to be, if not quieter. Can't say much about the mileage though, just got them on last weekend. Oh, and one more thing, these are a true 33, there are bigger than my buddies 33" MT/R's.

I have 31" trxus tires and are actually more like a 32" tire. I like them alot. Before these I ran the M/T Baja claws bias ply and they were hard, and noisy. My buddy here at work has them also,
and after about 25k he still as about 20% tread left. I think they are awesome considering the price.

Scott S.

7000 miles and some rock crawlin', and mud. They are great, I will buy another set when these where out. I think I'll get 30 to 40,000 miles out of them. No cuts even after seein' some serious rock.

fbfe5dc6.jpg

fbfe5f77.jpg

I absolutely love mine! Much quieter on the freeway than the 33" BFG ATs on my buddy's Bronco. I haven't had them in anything more than sand thus far, but I can't wait for the snow to fall! :D
Jeep on!
--Pete

34119032.jpg

Would the 31 10.5 clear w 3 inches of lift and 8 inch wheels with 3.75 bs withou trimming?

i like mine they do seem a bit soft i ahve a few small cuts they are great on road and better off the do load up a bit in the mud but a quick blip of the gas and the self clean very well

Brian Felts said:
Would the 31 10.5 clear w 3 inches of lift and 8 inch wheels with 3.75 bs withou trimming?

yep, i ran that setup for a year before i threw in more lift! not even ANY rubbing! i LOVED IT! :D :thumbup:

I run 35's. . .absolutly love them. . they have no gashes or anything even after some rough use. they're just as quiet as any tire I've driven. and I too like someone else stated think thatIll get 30 to 40000 miles on them. . .and they're cheap

Well, I started this topic almost a year ago so I can brin you to speed on my opinion of them after I purchased them. They are great for offroading, and look great on the Cherokee. I have put a little over 21,000 miles on them (80 miles to work a day) and they still had over half the tread left. They had 18/32 depth new and when I sold them Saturday they still had 12/32. That is great for a Swamper. Only reason I sold them is I want to put 32's on my Cherokee, too bad they don't make the Trxus in the 32.

I bet the 31 trxus are about the same size as your 32s
DIG IT

I have them. 31x10.5r15 on 15x8 rock crawlers. I needed to extend my bumpstops and trim a little plastic to fit these with 3.5" of lift. They wanted to pull my flares off at full stuff. I have the new body style though. I outran some BFG MT's in the mud with them already even though the treads a bit tighter (it's the paddles that stick out on the side that propel you in the crud). WAY quieter on the road than my old Pro Comp MT's.

Brian Felts said:
i doubt it

MINE is a 2000 4 door.Has 30 inch all terains that arent even a true 30.looks like 31s would be a tight squeeze especially discoed NAXJA

someone went way back for this thread... a friend of mine runs 31x12.5r15's on a 3.5" rancho lift w/o problems...

I have a new set of 34's. I love them on the road except they are a little soft and tend grab a little bit, so my steering is kind of a floating feel. They also need a little warm up time if you haven't driven your XJ in a few days. They are a lot quiter the my old BFG's AT's. I haven't tried them off road yet but hope to soon. I am glad I got them instead of the BFG's MT's.

xjaddiction said:
7000 miles and some rock crawlin', and mud. They are great, I will buy another set when these where out. I think I'll get 30 to 40,000 miles out of them. No cuts even after seein' some serious rock.

fbfe5dc6.jpg

fbfe5f77.jpg

What sizie lift are you running and how much? What size are you trxus tires?

i got a set of 31's they r very nice...im very pleased so far...they were cheap and they work good on and off road...the siping makes a big difference...they do seem to be alittle bigger than my 31 AT's i had before...

Back