• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone done the Dakota leaf swap?

Use the main leaf from the xj pack, cut the eye off of the main leaf on the dakota pack, then mix and match leaves under the xj main leaf to gain desired height. Get new u-bolts and center pins if necessary. For more info, try a search on some past threads.

I just cut the eyes off a set of dakota springs and applied the whole pack to the wifes xj main leaf, between 4-4.5" lift, good stable ride and flexxed great too. Was even able to re-use her stock ubolts, just needed a new center pin for the leaves. Thought about taking off the big overload leaf on the bottom but left it on. Dont even know its there.

Any particular model of Dakota? 2WD? 4WD? long bed? Does it matter?
TIA

Did you have to do anything with the brake lines? Were they long enough with the new flex?

I just removed a set of Dakota springs on the rear of the carcass of the "*********".
They consist of the three Dakota bottom springs, ready to bolt to your top XJ spring. I never used the top spring from the Dakota in my application, and they rode excellently for two years they were under there. Any takers? PM me with offers. I'm in Va.

Back