• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling/Need high performance pump.

themetch

NAXJA Forum User
I have installed a new 3 core radiator and triple 12" electric fans.
I am setting my rig up for high dessert summer operations.
I will fix these cooling issues once and for all.
I am having a challenge locating a high performance water pump.
Edelbrock seems to make one but not for the 4.0 inline 6.
Has anyone researched this and come up with good results?

Secondly, if I add additonal water volume to my system with some type of reserve tank will it help?
[email protected]
portland, oregon.

Flowkooler, Milodon

I installed a flowkooler (www.flowkooler.com) high vol water pump. Didn't solve my overheating issues, though. Also, I believe Milodon makes one, too. You can buy the flowkooler direct from them on their website and I think Jegs, Summit Racing, and Truckperformance.com sell the Milodon.

I will fix these cooling issues once and for all. unless the fans are reated for 2000 cfm or higher you are getting less air flow that stock setup, I have yet to see an aftermarket fan setup work under heavy load applications ( I ran three in my XJ too), works great aroound town but dont hit the tall hills on the Highway, and flow in the system is actually balanced by the thermostat so the higher performance water pump will only help when it reaches around 220*

Back