• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dyno2000 files

CW

NAXJA Forum User
Well I got a few emails a while back about how I used the desktop dyno program for the 4.0L. It wasn't that hard but here are the files if anyone is interested.

AP 4.6 Stroker

HO Head

HO 4.0L

AP Big Valve Head

Renix 4.0L

Renix 4.0LHead

Just right click and save as.
It's kind of fun to just play with stats. If you find any mistakes please let me know.
These are for Dyno2000

5-90 said:
I'll add them to my archives at groups.yahoo.com/group/XJOG sometime soon - I need to get everything all in one place again...

5-90
If you don't get them before my trial period on the storage runs out PM me and I can e-mail them to you. Thanks for the offer.

Your HP/TQ numbers for the AP stroker are too high. I get 265hp/328lbft with the following specs:

Valve sizes 2.02/1.60
Head flow numbers @ 25"H2O and 2.02/1.60 valve size
550cfm airflow @ 1.5"Hg
Tuned port injection manifold
Small tube headers and mufflers
Cam specs @ 0.050 for the Crane 753901 cam: hydraulic flat tappet, 204/216 duration, 112 lobe separation angle, 107 intake centerline, lift 0.456/0.484

Use the tuned port injection manifold for all the other dyno files, CR of 8.8, stock manifold & mufflers, and 320cfm @ 1.5"Hg for the stock airbox/TB combo. The '87-'95 cam specs are 197/197 duration @ 0.050, lift 0.424/0.424, LSA 112, ICA 120.
I get 179hp/232lbft for the Renix 4.0, 184hp/236lbft for the '91-'95 HO, and 187hp/240lbft for the '96 and later HO .

Ok i have a quwstion how are you getting numbers for a jeep 4.0? my version of desktop dyno 2000 dosent list any jeep or AMC motors witch realy sucks.

Dr. Dyno said:
You have to make a new files for the Jeep 4.0 and the stroker. Just plug in the specs that I gave you in this thread. I have the cam specs and cylinder head airflow specs on my website:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html

Thats why I posted these files. So You don't have to go through and enter every spec. All the work is already done for you.

CW said:
Well I got a few emails a while back about how I used the desktop dyno program for the 4.0L. It wasn't that hard but here are the files if anyone is interested.

Bringing this one back from the dead...

Do you still have these files? They're not on XJOG anymore apparently and I guess I'm a crack head and didn't save them...

Thanks,
Sequoia

Try looking through the files at another one of mine - groups.yahoo.com/group/JeepPower. There's a few there that you might be able to use - a 242 baseline, some camshaft data, and head airflow files. I might have to update them (if anyone has any files I should toss in, let me know. I've got most of the cam files going tho, and I'm working on the rest. I'm up to sixty-odd so far, I think.)

Oh - still got that seat up here for you...

5-90

Edit - CW, could you email those files to me - dragonland2001 AT yahoo DOT com? I tried to hit the links, but it asked for signin info. Any archie utility to zip them up is no trouble here - WinRAR can handle pretty much anything. I'll review them for you and A) let you know if you missed anything, and B) add them to my distro archive, if that's fine with you.

5-90

Back