• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LBL (land Between The Lakes) Turkey Bay Run

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I know I mentioned something about it a few months back and there were alot of folks interested. So again who would be interested in a Turkey Bay Run one Saturday in the next few weeks? I was thinking sat before thanksgiving or maybe sat after, but lets get input from all and see what works out. Just an informal get together before we all shut down for winter.

I might be able to swing it....gotta get a dispatch from the ole' lady......maybe even bring her along

John

I havn't made it out to the junkyard yet Andrew, but will you be operational, all four wheels, by then? LOL I think so. Next time you see my Jeep you won't recognize it! Sat before wirks for me too....anyone else?

Ok well looking at who we have right now, Sat before thanksgiving work best for all? That works for me and thats what I'll plam on. If anyone knows the trails there well they can think of some stuff for us to do. I know a few trails, plus I have GPS, but what I know is all pretty easy, I usually go there alone. Well let me know and lets keep in touch. Fred

So guys are we on for Sat the 22nd? Just wanna be sure on who were looking for. I'll still be there.

Paul may have a job interview that weekend, and my xj has supposedly been sold so I can buy a new one. I'll still try to come and bring the CJ, but I won't know for sure for a few more days.

i'm in. so are 2 of my friends. 1 in a WJ on 35s and the other in a YJ on 33s with a 350 in her. all we need is someone to get us directions or meet us in nashville and we'll be there.

toddNAXJA

send me an email to [email protected] and I'll get you my home phone number. I live in Clarksvile, north west of nashville, but on the way to LBL. If everyone wants we can meet at my house sat morn and head up from hee. I live off exit one of I24, about 45 minutes from Turky Bay. Let me know folks......Andrew pull out the CJ and lets get it dirty. sounds like we may have a decent show.

hey im having trouble with my email. give me a call at 275 8073. if i dont answer leave a message cause im in school during the day. we can meet you at your hosue that morning. what time?

todd

Me and my friends decided we are gonna come Friday night and camp at turkey bay. are there any campgrounds near by? then we can meet up in the morning where ever.

todd

Wrangler camp is probably the closest to Turkey Bay. It's just a basic campground with showers and hookups available. Mostly tailored toward people with horses. If you want something a little more scenic, there are plenty of great places all along the Trace, that runs through the middle of LBL. There is camping at most of the bays along the way.

If your looking for the Primitive thing you can camp right in Turkey Bay ORV. After you pay to get in I think it is like 6-7 $ a night and you can pretty much set camp anywhere.

cool. ill talk to them tonite and let yall know. they're not morning people.

Sounds good, for the folks not camping as I said I live on the way. If you all want to meet here it's good for me. We need to figure around what time we anna hit the trail so we can backword plan and figure a good time to meet here and move out. I figure to allow for refueling, paying at the station, airing down and disconnecting swaybar, we need to leave my house around 1.5 hours prior to wanting to hit the trail.

Im only about an hour or so from turkey bay. Have thought about taking my jeep up there but no buddy around here to go with. think you guys may have room for one more? if you think i can keep up i have 95 sport with 2" and 31's?

Ya we got room the more the merrier. Bring it on. I am sitting at 4" plus or minus. 31 BFG's. See you Sat. We will let you know what time.

well it looks like we have 6 maybe 9 Jeeps coming, pretty good ride. any opinians on when we should attempt to hit the trails? I was thinking 9-930ish would work out. well let me know what everyone thinks.

Back