• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OX Locker

geo78

NAXJA Forum User
Is the OX still around or did the company go belly up? I was just looking around and could not find anyone selling it and their site is not working. I have not been traveling in the Naxja circle for about a year, so it is entirely possible that I missed its demise.

Geoff

you can purchase them herehttp://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=2175&occlass=OXL&cat=DRI
or at any 4 wheelparts performance centers

I have heard complaints about them but as far as I can tell from what I have seen on the trail they are unfounded I also heard the diff cover it comes with helps with housing flex.

Re: OX

geo78 said:
Anyone had any experience with them? I think it looks like a nice system, but would love some feedback.

Geoff

I have had them in my D30 and D44 for almost two years now and they have seen a lot of western rock trails in that time. Initially I was having a problem with the D44 unit going out of adjustment all the time but have since fixed it. I have never had to readjust the D30 unit.
The OX diff cover really does help eliminate housing flex in a D30 application. I recently pulled the cover to examine the diff(after seeing several ARB D30s blow up) and everything was tight and brand new looking.
My OX lockers have always worked for me but I have heard of many people having problems. Wheather or not they were set up correctly I have no idea. I don't know if they revamped their instructions or not but the first thing I did was throw them away. Lots of unnecessary steps and useless information.
I really do like the simplicity of the system but I wonder how long they'll be around and if I can even get spare parts(should I need them) in the future.

Jes

That is one thing that I would be concerned with... them being around. It doesn't sound like they have a very strong following. I am a long way away from buying lockers but when I do I hope they are still around.

Back