• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Huge lift

Gecko

NAXJA Forum User
Normally, I've seen XJs anywhere up to like 8". Im just wondering though, how do you lift an XJ up higher. Say I was trying to get 15", would I need to get like full size truck leafs with an 8" lift on them and make custom brackets and some lift blocks too? Or is there and easier way to lift a cherokee up that high.
I dont really want to do it, my friend and I were just talking about making cars into monster trucks and I was wondering how of if it cn be done to an XJ.

Well, I suppose the easiest way to get 15" would be coilovers. At least on the front. It would be cheaper than monster stiff leafs too. The rear you could run some leafs, blocks, shackles.

I wouldn't wheel it unless you're putting Rockwells under it. Mine's about 12" lift with 38s.

naw, I dont plan on ever running an XJ that high. If I ever want to be running 38s or larger I think Im going to switch to having an small XJ and a big trail PU

Getting the lift is the easy part. You can come up with any number of ideas front and back and any combo inbetween to make as much lift as you want. The difficult part is to make it work, or better yet work well.

Big lift is to fit big tires which requires big gears, axles, power, and torque. Controlling all of that is the difficult part.

I remember a kid years ago having a 1/2 ton suburban on 44's. Pretty big truck, but I wouldn't want to be any where neer it on or off road, almost no steering (stock), big lift blocks (front and back), stock gears, etc, etc.

Michael

Gecko said:
naw, I dont plan on ever running an XJ that high. If I ever want to be running 38s or larger I think Im going to switch to having an small XJ and a big trail PU

Then why'd you ask? I thought the question was how to get 15"? With full width axles the stability is actually better than the stock narrow 60" width so it's fine up to a point.

first of all, I do not endorse 15 inches of lift on an XJ

but....

I think the best way would be to build a subframe, link the front and rear with LONG links to where the front and rear links meet in the middle, probably making them about 55 inches, then run coilovers. This would have to be done on Rockwells with the hubs out to even consider wheeling it.

all im saying is that guy on car domain needs to do something about those tires sticking a mile out of the fenders

319552_30_full.jpg

This steering setup is funk......glad I don't drive near him.

Back