• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Edits - Time Limit

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Is there a reason why there is a time limit for editing posts? I frequently look back through a thread a day or more later and see that I've made multiple typos. I'd like to be able to fix them, but I'm not allowed to do so.

Can we eliminate the time limit -- or if not eliminate, can we make it longer?

Traditionally, we have not ever allowed user to edit a post once made. This was due to "heated discussions" and would be common that somebody would post any insult or otherwise post BS. People would reply back and flame the guy. Once his/her target responded, they would edit their post, then complain that they were getting flamed for no reason.
It was a game several people would play, and caused problems.

When we changed over to vB, we allowed up to an hour for people to edit their posts for typos, etc... That started to be abused in the last round of "excitement", so was temporarily set to a lower amount of time. Once this blows over, we will set that time up to ~1 hour again.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave

When we practice to deceive."

:sigh:

Eagle said:
"Oh what a tangled web we weave

When we practice to deceive."

:sigh:

I thought it went: Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to conceive....;)

Back