• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

still out of commision

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
jeep is still out....
recap: 90 auto 4L, replaced cps, ignition coil is good, but no spark...cranks but no turnover

i just went to a few autoshops.......they want a min $50 fee for a diagnostic + whatever to fix it + im gonna have to have it towed ($45). Is there anything I can pick up at autozone, advanced, napa, or pepboys that is similar to they diag stuff? Price within reason........

Or any other advice yall can give me....otherwise i may just take it up the rear....... im sick of having to drive.......well......the mini.......

tested the coil with a multimeter....
i just bought a new tps (prolly need to be replaced anyways)
so as im getting ready to swap it, i notive that one of the harness connectors was cut off......
I really dont want to cut this new tps just to solder the wires together....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

imma honky said:
tested the coil with a multimeter....

In or Out if the holder? I have had the coil to holder contacts get a little corrosion cause a no spark issue. Tested OK with a DVM, but would not conduct enough current to saturate coil.

Just a thought.

Rev

ended up cutting the wires on the new cps, soldered them to the one connecting to the jeep, still same old thing though
it tries, but no fire.........
so thats now a new cps and tps.....

Back