• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Header

XJWheelie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm searching for informed opinions and information on headers for my 1994 XJ, stock 4.0 engine. My exhaust manifold cracked, so it's gotta go. I'm thinking about a Borla, but they're pricey.

Thanks,
Robert

I use a borla and I love it. New they are really pricey, but you can find them used on Ebay once in a while (just as good w/o the 1000000 mile warranty). If you can weld, I suggest cutting out the cracked section and replacing it with some flex coupling. Use the extra money on something else.

I installed a Pace Setter header in my old XJ and it help up quite well, and it's probably the least expensive header you'll find. I ordered mine off the JC Whitney catalog for about $150. I'm not sure if they make one for the HO motor though.

I would look at the Headman. I have not seen one on a 4.0 but I have used them in drag racing. They make a good quality product and they stand behind it. I flattened two of the primarry tubes on a set once on a speed bump and they replaced it free of charge!

If you want to do it cheep, it is about 10-15 bucks to have a muffler shop weld it. and the HO maifold is almost a header.

Back