• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are all CPS created equal??

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Is an aftermarket unit as good as the OEM? is there a difference? who makes the OEM? and if aftermarket are good, which one is better then the other?? Btw, this pertains to a 98XJ with 4.0

THanks
Kejtar

Kejtar,

I've ran Napa and Shucks CPS's and alway's seem to get the best bang for the buck from the OEM. Some on the oxegen sensor. Also the dealer in my old home town has cheaper prices than the aftermarkets.

I bought one for my dad's '94 YJ in Moab and it came out to be almost twice the price as our local dealer.

On the mechanical side I haven't had any better luck with the OEM's as the others. In fact (unless buying new) the others seem to be a better rebuild than stock.

Later,
Lincoln

if checker is more expensive than the dealer tell checker the price and they will beat it by 5%. i got my fuel pump for 60 bucks that way.

Kejtar...

I picked up my TPS from Autozone and it works just fine. If you feel more comfortable then get the dealer one, but if you can save with an auto store, probably an ok option.

Just my $.02 :)

just replaced mine with dealer part. only one in town with it and they were 10 bucks cheaper than the auto store.

Kejtar said:
wow... I just looked up autozone and it's same price as dealer.....

Do you mind divulging the price? Curious if the local dealer is similar.

Ronbo said:
Do you mind divulging the price? Curious if the local dealer is similar.
Local dealer and autozone where in the 120 ~ 130 range.... but I finally got an oem one through a buddy of mine :D for a really good price :D (can't divulge that one... sorry)

here in utah i got it for 37.99 not bad.

Kejtar said:
Are we sure that we're talking abotu the same thing? CPS?? Crank Position Sensor??

I think there are 2 different models of this. On Autozone's website they have two listed, just depends what the OEM part number is. :(

there might be a differance in the years too. yours is an 98 mine is a 89.

Back