• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker - I know where an Explorer 8.8 is.

BrokenXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Stroker, I bring my XJ to a mechanic in Southboro, MA. who has a wrecked
Explorer in the back. I looked under it, and its the right year because it has disc brakes. I can ask how much they want for it?

Stroker would be interested as i cant seem to find him another XJ44. While your under there check the ratio..He's running 4:10's now.

97 Explorer.

I picked up my XJ today, and asked about the rear-end. The car is a 97 Explorer w/ 80k on it. It is actually owned buy some junk yard, and is on loan (parts) to this shop for body panels etc. I'll get the name of the yard, and more info.

the ratio should be 4:10s
~John

Stroker-pull-it

Hey Stroker-pull-it,
You can purchase the 97' 8.8 rear-end, from Rick at "All Weather Auto" in Southboro, Ma. (508) 481-1170. The junk yard that owns the Explorer has agreed to sell the rear-end for $250 because they think it is for one of All Weather Auto's customers (me). I don't know your budget, but this rear-end is mint. I looked under it, and the calipers/discs looks good. Most likely its the standard 3.73 gears. You need to call Rick, to tell him when you could come up and pull it. When you talk to him, you can say that Steve told you about the rear-end.

If this is too pricey, I am sure somebody on this list might like it. Hell, for this price you could buy it store it away for a rainy day :)

Stroker,

Why the change of mind? Is the distance to far? You could ask Rick to pull it. I am sure its only about an hour labor, for them. (508) 655-2560.

Steve

well when i really think about it i'll be spending more. 1) the price which isn't bad, 2) It's a c-clip axle and i'd have to spend more to get c-clip eliminators, then add in the price for gears and all the labor work(since i dont set-up gears). So i think im just gonna wait for an xj 44 to show up around here. Thanks Alot tho i REALLY appreciate it.

8.8's

Best place I found for 8.8's is actually Hunt's point Auto in Bronx..... They sold me an 8.8 with true trac and 4.10's for $350... any other ratio is $300...still haven't had the time to put it in. just trying to help out Call 1800 info for the number...(1-800-555-1212)
Ray
94 XJ

Back