• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard gods...

Majo

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a dana 44 for 150 bucks drum to drum from an 87 XJ....what are the chances it has a Trash loc in it...It has 3.55's... I did see another 44 from a 89 XJ with no drums though PM me if you want me to go back and grab it the idiot owner thinks they are 35's...Skid plate for front and rear gas tank skid only cost me 20 for both..
anyway back to main topic thanks ahead of time

Shooting blind!

I beleave that there is a tag that might say so. If it is still on jeep, look inside glove box and see if it has a sticker stating it has a factory locker (my '93 does, but don't know rest of years) If it is the LSD, it will require special fluid additive to the usual gear oil, and that may be marked on a tag too.

if he thinks they are 35's, get um both at that price. You could always sell the one you dont use for the cost of the one you do use plus any work that you will do. The 44 XJ is a rare iteam and you could sell one for $3-400.

If you own it anyway, pull the inspection cover. You will see little discs inside the carrier just outside the side gears if it really is a LSD.
mattk

Back