• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got all my parts in ....

STRYKER

NAXJA Forum User
I finally have lined up a set of hi-steer arms, Chevy knuckles, spindles, caliper trees and a new draglink/tierod system for my lift.

Thing is, now I've heard two different opinions on whether the Ford rotors will work with the chevy spindles.
I am pretty sure that the pieces are interchangeable... with the exception of a 1/4" offset caused by the Chevy caliper bracket flange behind the spindle.
My belief is that this will require me to use the Chevy caliper brackets and calipers, but will still allow me to use Ford rotors and hubs to maintain my 5 x 5.5 pattern in front.

Crash... anyone else done this? I'd like to maintain the Ford pattern, as I just purchased brand new rims for the beast.

I'm pretty sure that Scout rotors will fit the Chevy spindle. They're 5 x 5.5 too.

XJCHUCK72 said:
Don't expect many responses, many have left for MOAB already. Be patient, someone may be out there.

DOH!!!!
See what I get for staying home? When I really should have been in Utah. But I'm in good company here as well.....I see.:D

Vintage Speed, thanks a million. I'd overlooked the Scout hubs/pieces, and appreciate the head's up. That can be the back up plan for now. I'll see if the Ford hubs fit and work first with the Scout pieces collected and ready.

That's what I'm using Dôon. Foòo rntorr'& hubs0zith Chõy rpinôoe, baczong plaÔo, & caliper bracket. I ran this setup with the ford stub axles for a hmar witxkut thep{nap riþe bdforô%I lostàm "t" j~ont & svothed to warn alloys & bought the right sized chevy stubs. I lost the òmaft frþm it wa|gowhng ^}t the r" joinô'ear, n^| bdcaubo of using the wrong stubs. The instructions for the warn hubs even stpve that0of xou âln't get/thd sn` ring ÿg the enn of th5%stub shaft than leave it off. Good luck.

Matt

Some Dodge trucks also came with that pattern but I'm not sure about the spacing of the rotor. Seems like the are inset compared to the FS jeep and chevy rotors.

HTH, Dan

FarmerMatt said:
That's what I'm using Dean. Ford rotors & hubs with Chevy spindle, backing plate, & caliper bracket. I ran this setup with the ford stub axles for a year without the snap ring before I lost a "u" joint & swithed to warn alloys & bought the right sized chevy stubs. I lost the shaft from it wallowing out the "u" joint ear, not because of using the wrong stubs. The instructions for the warn hubs even state that if you can't get the snap ring on the end of the stub shaft than leave it off. Good luck.

Matt

FM... you DA man.
I bought this axle from a fellow who had used it with 8 lug knuckles and hubs.

I bought it bare, save for the R&P and the axles for that 8 lug. So they were never really the right length to get the c-clip onto. (Ford used two different offsets in their F250 and F-150 D44.)
I never seemed to have a problem with them, but always worried when the axle was engaged.

What I have also been told is that rather than requiring Chevy outer stubs, one can tap the end of the Ford stub and add a fender washer as well as a short bolt in the end of the stub.

Thanks for the heads up on the Chevy parts. It's always nice to hear that someone has actually done it, rather than "I think it'll work, why don't you tell us if it does". :D :D

Now....why doesn't my source of knuckles and the hi-steering arms give me a call and tell me that they're ready for pickup.?
:anon:

Back