• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Willy's Edition TJ

Majo

NAXJA Forum User
OMG :eek: :eek: just saw the new Willy's edition TJ, in the nice olive drab/moss green color with the military colored top, I love my XJ, but i'm financing it monday!!!!!!! It's awesome looking...that or i repainting XJ again!!! :rolleyes:

and just how much extra are they charging for that paint job, decals, sill guards and sub woofer in the console :D
Half doors, that means soft top which is OK by me, I'm mostly deaf anyway so a flapping roof does not really bother me any :D
If it's more expensive than a sahara or X then it's not worth it unless you plan on collecting it as in putting it away for 20 years. Like the color though.
Would have been interesting if they came out with a REAL reto including low back straw stuffed canvas seats and that nifty reversing headlight for working on the engine bay at nite :D :D

• Exclusive Moss Green exterior color
  • Unique "WILLYS" decal at cowl side
  • Diamond-plate sill guards painted Dark Green
  • Body-color fender flares
  • AM/FM stereo radio with CD player and seven speakers (includes subwoofer in center console) - no extra charge
  • 4.0L Power Tech I-6 engine
  • Quadra-Coil™ suspension
  • Command-Trac® four-wheel-drive system
  • Tow hooks
  • Fog lamps
  • Full-size spare tire with matching wheel
  • Lockable full-center console with four cup holders
  • Removable half-doors and fold-down windshield*
news_willys_image.jpg

Yada, yada from the folks at Daimler...
It's the stuff of legend: the U.S. Army requested a vehicle - and drove off in a hero. The Willys MB, its spirit forged by the fire of combat and honed in the heat of battle, seared its way into the hearts of warriors fighting for freedom. Fierce emotional bonds often developed between a soldier and his Jeep. The faithful MB earned a place in every GI's heart, in every area of combat, in every conceivable role. As General Dwight D. Eisenhower said, "America could not have won World War II without it."

The legacy continues today with the introduction of the Limited-Edition 2004 Jeep Wrangler Willys. Reminiscent of the soldiers' experiences with the original Willys MB during WW II, today's collectors, veterans, outdoor enthusiasts and adventurers will find themselves establishing a powerful bond with their faithful new Jeep Wrangler Willys.

I don't see much that really sets this apart from any other Wrangler...body-color fender flares? Wjoop-de-doo...sounds like it's not even an upgrade from a Rubicon either, and that picture looks luspiciously like it's got the cheepy rims. I think I'll pass and continue collecting funds toward my Rubicon XJ.

I can see it appealing to old vets with disposable $$. My Korean vet father in law would get a kick out of it. Still cherishes the photos of him in his M38.

For the price of that thing you could buy a MB and rebuild the whole damn thing with tons of cash to spare. I'd rather have the "brand new" MB than a TJ with some stickers and crap on it. :passgas:

I had misconceptions I was pretty far away from lot when i saw it...OMFG 22,000 something base for just the paint???? I thought it would have like Aluminum rims or fronat and rear dana 44...to me it's a Se with a upgraded 6 and paint...crap...I'd never buy it.. now i'd be more apt to buy a SE model and pain the rims green ...what are the folks at DC gonna do???? They ripping people off hardcore...my mistake on that folks!!!

XJ FOR LIFE I AM

Back