• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Locker

Majo

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone wheel with the stock Trac - Loc...
Just want opinions. I dont' wheel all the time and would love the benefit of a locker but trying to explore options, i'm gonna be putting it in the 35, I'm not heavy on the gas!, so opinions greatly appreciated.

I had the trak-loc in my 35 with 31" tires, and it did fairly well. The key thing is articulation to keep the tires on the ground. I have heard that a little brake pressure can help it operate if you get a tire in the air, but I don't have first-hand experience with this method. If you're going to put something in though, how about a Lock-Right. They have a much more positive locking action, and other than the occasional ratcheting sound, are fairly streetable. I love my front one.

First, the Trac-Lok is not a "locker" -- it's a limited slip. This may sound like nit-picking, but they are very different animals. Limited slips do what their name implies, they LIMIT slip between the rear (or front) wheels, bt=ut they do not eliminate it the way a lcoker does.

Having done my pedantic duty, I can say that I wheel with a Trac-Lok in my XJ and a TrueTrac (also a limited slip) in my MJ. For the moderate level wheeling I do the limited slips are adequate. I rarely get so crossed up that I have a drive wheel way off the ground when I need forward motion.

Back