PDA

View Full Version : 01' XJ AC Condenser to Radiator L-shaped mounting brakcets

alheim
November 11th, 2017, 17:21
Hey folks, long time Jeeper, first time posting here.

I'm in the midst of an accessory & timing belt overhaul on my '01 with 197k on the original motor, original head. I am replacing the cooling system, timing cover gasket & front seal, maybe the timing chain if it's worn, and the alternator.

Anyway, the top of the AC condenser mounts directly to the radiator's top mounting cushions via flat L-shaped mounting brackets. I accidentally tossed mine, they are deep in a New York City landfill at this point.

I can't find replacements. Guessing I'll have to fabricate something. They didn't come with my new radiator. Thoughts?

RCP Phx
November 11th, 2017, 18:05
Junk yard would be the easiest!

Heavyopp
November 11th, 2017, 18:26
I might have a set on my 97 parts jeep -- I'll have to check and see if they are the same as my 2000 which should be the same as your 01

I should be able to check it tomorrow (Sunday)

alheim
November 12th, 2017, 16:59
I might have a set on my 97 parts jeep -- I'll have to check and see if they are the same as my 2000 which should be the same as your 01

I should be able to check it tomorrow (Sunday)

Thanks @Heavyopp let me know, that would make my life easier.

@RCP Phx there are not many junkyards in NYC! I could find one but it would take most of my day. No pick n' pulls as far as I know

alheim
November 14th, 2017, 16:57
For the life of me I can not locate these brackets, can't even find a photo of them. It's almost a matter of principal at this point!

The brackets hold the top if the AC condenser to the top of the radiator's cushioned mounts (circled in red in photo below).

https://i.imgur.com/OfHg71n.jpg

The 2001 parts catalog shows it as PN 56002231 however this part is discontinued / no longer available. See Part N. 11 in this Figure 024-250:

https://i.imgur.com/B7WZqs3.png

Additionally, the L-shaped clips that I had didn't look like the part depicted above. Did I have an aftermarket condenser or jury-rigged setup? Any ideas?

Edit: I am starting to think that mine were an improvised solution. I can recreate them.

Heavyopp
November 14th, 2017, 18:26
I'm on my way out to take a look at what I have -- I'll get back to you tonight

md21722
November 16th, 2017, 12:35
On the factory/dealer radiators the condenser mounts are typically integrated, not separate brackets. I'm surprised they even have a bracket in the parts catalog.