• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ Manual window regulator replacement

Sobrbiker

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 99XJ SE that was a fleet vehicle from ASU's engineering school, so it's a factory "no frills" pkg (aside from the good stuff I really like-factory skid plates, good alternator, etc), so I've got manual windows.
From all the searching I've done, it seems this is pretty rare on 97-01's.

My rear windows will roll up, but not down.
I bought the first set of rear manual regulators I've seen on eBay in over a year of having a search set, so those are on the way.

My problem is, since it's a rare option on 97+ models I can't find any instructions on pulling removing/replacing them. I've got a Haynes and an electronic version of the factory service manual, neither of which addresses manual regulators at all:smsoap:

Can anyone point me to a source of instruction on what to expect, how to, or walk me through it?
I did a replacement electric on a Chevy 1500 a few years back, and the knowledge of what to look out for I learned online kept me from doing stupid stuff, and I'm looking to know what to do before I tear into this...

I'm not interested I converting to power, and it's a daily driver/hunting vehicle. Looking to keep her stock trim as such.

Thanks!!

Remove door crank, remove door panel, make sure that you keep the window held up (suction cups, tape, etc. ). IIRC, there are 4 bolts on the regulator and there are 2 for the window to regulator "isolators". There may be something on youtube or some kind of write up, but it is one of the less complex things to replace.

Back