• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No low beams - where is the headlight dimmer switch?

95LongArm

NAXJA Forum User
Have a 95 4 door that has been a pain in the ass recently. Low beams were intermittent for a few weeks. Then Lost all headlights a while back. Located the connector by the air box. Cleaned it up well, and got my high beams back but still no low beams. Parking lights and turn signals and high beams all work fine. Put a new headlight switch in today, still no low beams. Took steering column apart looking for the "dimmer switch" but couldn't find it. Took the harness for the multifunction (blinker/wiper/high beams) off. There is one loose purple wire with white stripe. Put it back together and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Are there fuses for headlights I'm missing? Where is the dimmer switch on th column? Should I be replacing the multifunction lever?

Headlight switch is going out. Get a dealer one, not aftermarket unless you want to invent yoga postures to get the switch in and out over and over.
IT's a bitch to replace unless you have an extra joint in your arm, but doable if you don't mind being twisted upside down under your column lol.
After you replace your switch you may consider upgrading your wiring to take load off the switch and keep it from burning out again. Just search headlight H4 upgrade.

Headlight switch is going out. Get a dealer one, not aftermarket unless you want to invent yoga postures to get the switch in and out over and over.
IT's a bitch to replace unless you have an extra joint in your arm, but doable if you don't mind being twisted upside down under your column lol.
After you replace your switch you may consider upgrading your wiring to take load off the switch and keep it from burning out again. Just search headlight H4 upgrade.

Headlamp switch has nothing to do with one or other, low or high beam. The switch I described above does.

Back