• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost some of my lights

Gstang117

NAXJA Forum User
Just did a heater core replacement in my 00 cherokee. Took it out for a spin, the dash lights were pretty low so i rotated the knob to the right to turn the brightness up and they just shut off. I also lost tail lights and the left turn signal, brake and headlights work though. Ive thrown in a new fuse for fuse numbers 6 and 7 and checked for loose wires, but the lights havent returned.
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here?

Recheck that all the under dash wire harnesses and ground connections are firmly attached. Grab your volts/ohms multi-meter and start your diagnostic testing. Visually inspect the tail light wire harness plus and ground points behind the spare tire and look for the commonly occurring damage to the tailgate wire harness near the hinges.

Consider that the headlight switch is not happy about getting wrestled about when you did the core swap.

I replaced the headlight switch and found a loose wire on the connector to it, but no luck on getting the lights to come back. Tail light harness is good near the hinges. Did a quick google of ground locations and only found ones for the engine. Is there any for the interior ones?

Last edited:
G108 and G107 under the dash, and the grounds/wire plugs/relays behind the spare tire.

2K_2K1UnderDashConnectors.jpg

Back