• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odd misfire issue

mcguyver_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Got my fiances 99 4.0 since I have owned it I have done cap,rotor,plugs,and wires and I have a p0304 that comes and goes frequently, redid entire cooling system cause it needed it then did new exhaust manifold and upstream o2 and new injector o-rings and moved injectors around... that was a while ago haven't seen the code since... last night she drove somewhere stayed for a few hours started it up it was rough and cel on now I'm kinda lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it clean up after running for a minute or two?

Sounds like a leaky injector dumping a ton of gas in one cylinder when the engine is shut off. Pull the plugs and see if any one is different from the others.

Personally I would start by running a can of BG44K in the gas to clean the injectors and get rid of carbon. I do a can every 10K in each of my vehicles.

Sounds like a leaky injector dumping a ton of gas in one cylinder when the engine is shut off. Pull the plugs and see if any one is different from the others.

Personally I would start by running a can of BG44K in the gas to clean the injectors and get rid of carbon. I do a can every 10K in each of my vehicles.

I did run injector cleaner through before changing the exhaust manifold, but while manifolds were off I did not see any carbon around the valves from what could be seen, and the injectors did get moved around when I changed all the o rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back