• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag light after heater core change

CarbonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys! replaced my heater core over last weekend, and just got around to putting the battery in and cranking to burp the coolant and recharge my AC.

Now my airbag light is on when the Jeep is running. :smsoap:

I did not pull the steering column, only dropped it onto the driver's seat. Didn't move the wheel at all that I'm aware of. My cruise, horn, everything on the column works just fine.

I did, however, remove the passenger's airbag. It was my first time, okay! I didnt' know any better! it was too late, I couldnt' look back!

I'm about to remove the top trim and check my connections to the passenger bag. They looked good when I clipped them together installing. With all my options working on the steering wheel, it is safe to say I should be looking at the passenger bag then?

More than likely it's the side you took apart. Might be worth it to pull codes for the airbag light and see which one it is just to be sure.

I used a few different write ups. I have a PC in my garage and just googled a few youtube videos and forum posts as I went. I can say one video on youtube where he takes the passenger airbag off, you do not need to remove it. Probably made the dash lighter to maneuver, but not required.

Overall, I worked on it in bits and pieces over two days. Total time probably 8 hours, working slowly. I was meticulous with bagging and labeling every part/screw/bolt that came off. I did have to wait to button it up since my shop was broken into and the new AC/heater parts were stolen. Putting it back together was simple, and took about 2 hours.

Now I just have to find the little rattle that has appeared in the dash driving....

Back