• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head scratcher I ran into last night.

97jeepxj1

NAXJA Forum User
So I ran into something unusual while working on my xj last night and wish I had a camera going at the time cause of how odd it was, at least to me. I was doing the passenger side axle ujoint and noticed that part of my bump stop (the rubber part) had rotted through and was bouncing around in my coil spring. No that unusual for a almost 20 year old rig. The unusual part came about as I was hitting the ears of the hub bearing to bust it loose from the knuckle when all of a sudden about a 1/2 gallon or so of water gushed out of the bump stop hole where the rubber piece used to be. I was hopping that my jeeps water broke and that she was about to give birth to another jeep but no luck. Anyways joking aside...wtf happened...no clue how that much water got in there let alone stayed there till I jarred it enough while working on it that it came gushing out.

You must have the optional hydraulic bump stops.

You are supposed to change that fluid along with the blinker fluid.

:jester:

I had water in the passenger side of my '90, but I attribute that to constantly washing coolant from that side of the engine bay.

Back