• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Years Since The Last Hood Vent Thread

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys so my jeep is now in need of a paint job. I am going to go ahead and monstaliner the outside of the jeep AND i figure this is a good time to do hood vents to get rid of my minor heat soak issue.

Any suggestions on hood vents/locations that will keep me from having rain issues?

LeBaron is of course the popular choice with a pan. I found a single large vent from one and will be installing it soon with a custom drip pan on the passenger side. I like the asymmetrical look.

Napier, Daystar, Sterling trucks, new mustangs, there are a lot of choices that can help keep the rain out.

I went with LeBaron vents when I did mine. However, Napier is my next new choice. Doug had a bunch of his vents in the Cherokee Crawl raffle and brought them up himself. Sturdy good looking product - the vent, not Doug....

I use Rugged Ridge TJ/JK hood vents. They need some extra help to hold the hood tight, but I like the way they look, and they seem completely functional (very noticeable vs another guy that has none). I did not bother with rain channels, haven't had any trouble yet

Hood_Vent_Screws.sized.jpg

I got some cheap plastic vents from westmarine. Think they where about 20 bucks and have survived a few hail storms.

The main problem with some vents is they let water drop straight onto engine electronics like the Throttle Position Sensor. I really liked the Lebaron vents on my last XJ but they let rain drop onto the engine and it kept frying the TPS, especially in the winter. We kept getting freeze/thaw cycles. After replacing the Lebaron vents with our Hood Vents I've had no problem and still get ventilation.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with and don't forget to use the NAXJA 10% off code on our website.

Thanks,
Doug

The main problem with some vents is they let water drop straight onto engine electronics like the Throttle Position Sensor. I really liked the Lebaron vents on my last XJ but they let rain drop onto the engine and it kept frying the TPS, especially in the winter. We kept getting freeze/thaw cycles. After replacing the Lebaron vents with our Hood Vents I've had no problem and still get ventilation.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with and don't forget to use the NAXJA 10% off code on our website.

Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

So just put the word NAXJA in to get the 10% off?

Back