• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fin Sensor Cycling Clutch Switch

simspace

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can get a Fin Sensor Cycling Clutch Switch? I tried to pull two from XJs at a local salvage yard, but they both broke. The wire gets pulled from the copper tube when the tube snaps off the sensor casing.

This is the Fin Sensor Cycling Clutch Switch in the heater box.

11a03158ec3760dd7df855e3781fb290.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the dealer?

I don't see anything on RockAuto.

I pulled mine out once when I was experiencing AC problems. That plastic case thing came out with the probe attached leaving an outer tube inside the air box. I simply reinserted it and rigged something to keep it in place. It still works like the first day.

I pulled mine out once when I was experiencing AC problems. That plastic case thing came out with the probe attached leaving an outer tube inside the air box. I simply reinserted it and rigged something to keep it in place. It still works like the first day.

Awesome. I will give that a try thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resurrecting a ooold thread here...
So can the 'thermister' or A/C cycling sensor be bypassed or is it needed ?
I get that it helps prevent the evaporator from freezing up, but here in the desert it really isn't an issue.

And has anyone accessed it without ripping out the entire A/C ducting ?

This is in a 1996 Sport...

Thanks...
Curt

Back