• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Bad Throttle Response

CherryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
A little while ago my Jeep would just give up on accelerating and would sound like it was backfiring and after checking my fuses my O2 fuse was blown. I replaced it and it went away but now (two weeks later) it's worse but the fuse wasn't blown. Safe to say my O2 is bad?
I'll test it later tonight to see but your opinions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What kinda XJ ? Have any trouble codes from the PCM ? With numerous engine types and engine control systems, the correct answers to even simple questions may vary greatly, or simply not apply to your XJ.

Always post any even mildly technical question with the necessary background info on your Jeep. Year, engine size, ID the transmission ID the transfer case, ID the axles, and include a relevant info about lift kit parts, previous modifications, and whatever you have already tested and/or inspected.

Does your car run good while it's cold/has not reached operating temp? If so your o2 sensors are jacked if it runs like crap cold or hot you need to look elsewhere.

More likely wiring to O2 sensor shorted out and melted with an encounter of wrong kind...exhaust manifold or front driveshaft...

Back