• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0340,P0202,and P0201 codes

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
I recently put a new engine in my 98 xj. It runs but gave me 3 codes.
P0340= Camshaft position sensor
Told me Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Bank 1 or Single sensor.
P0202= Cylinder 2
Told me Injector Circuit/Open Cylinder 2.
P0201= Cylinder 1
Told me Injector Circuit/Open Cylinder 1.

Could this be caused by a grounding issue? If so which ones. The injectors and sensors all seemed to be in working order prior to the new engine so I doubt all of these things are actually faulty.

Open Circuit usually means a broken wire or a wire plug pin that pushed back. Grab your $6 - $15 volts/ohms multi-meter and test wire continuity and continuity to ground. Did you double check your work reconnecting all the grounds ? Inspect and test the fuel injectors. Flexing and moving wire harnesses for an engine swap could certainly cause a broke wire or failed wire splice.

The only alteration I did to any wiring was those grounds that go on the two studs that the ignition coil is also bolted on. Rather than having a bolt separating each ground I just put them both together and bolted them down. They are still on the same studs that they had been placed on by the factory. However ill check the injectors. They are supposed to get 12v right?

So a little update, I checked all the injector wires and they all had good currant. All the grounds are as they should be as well. I think the original e light was due to the battery in it which is garbage. I have to jump it with the other jeep anytime I want to start it. I am also getting vibration in the vehicle from the bell housing area. Maybe something is off ballnce? Any idea what that could be?

Back