• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Atlast 2 clocking positions?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Pulled my tcase to clock it since it's about flush with the frame rails and that was the best position on the clocking ring. I thought the ring moved but it's indexed there's only 1 way it goes on.

Their website says 0* is an option but this has to be atleast 10* off.

Blueline is Tcase up, Red is trans/vehicle up.

p5wBuAM.jpg

Last edited:
That's my disappointing plan. I was supposed to race today but I've cut the shit out of my floor board and it's not going back in until It's right.

I also paid the shop that installed my lockers to do it. They told me it wouldn't clock I didn't believe them since it says it can on the site and it's a god damn 2500 case it better clock.

It did come with an input shaft that didn't match the build sheet and was without the spacer so maybe they gave me a passenger drop clocking ring too?

Last edited:
Do you have a clocking ring? What you show in the picture is just a spacer that leaves your only option at 23*, the same as a stock 231.

To clock it, you should have something that looks like this:

IMG_6861_resize.jpg

Clocking ring is an upgrade when you order it, otherwise you just get the stock rotation spacer.

Yeah I used the spacer image because I had the orientation marked on the spacer.

My clocking ring doesn't look like yours though. Studs are in the last slot and the ring index must stay at the bottom.
VRCn9kY.jpg

There should be 4 holes under the clocking ring as well. Move the entire ring left a hole, and thrn the studs several holes to the right, and start playing with it again. When I do mine I remove all the studs and bolts, put the atlas on the output shaft, rotate to desired and then mark the aw4 hole locations.

From there I remove it again and keep rotation the rings until my stud holes line up with the marks and reassemble

The only bolt holes for the ring are in its current position and it can't be rotated or they wont be lined up.

Interesting. Mine have 4 underneath for 16 total positions.. but my Atlas's are a lot older than yours.

Yeah I'll have to ask them if I can drill and tap into the case to get more options. Mine's 7 or 8 years old.

I found this in the Atlas manual, it doesn't reflect what their site says on clocking.
The STD start bad and get worse.

EGKHDPb.jpg

Last edited:
I looked at this before I bought mine too. It was a little confusing with all the info out there.

I will try to dig up the link that showed all the options with the different setups. But if it is an option to go flat you need to tell them at purchase. I didn't know that either but ended up not mattering with the 4 speed.....

That sucks about the race, sorry to hear that

Do you have a clocking ring? What you show in the picture is just a spacer that leaves your only option at 23*, the same as a stock 231.

To clock it, you should have something that looks like this:

IMG_6861_resize.jpg

Clocking ring is an upgrade when you order it, otherwise you just get the stock rotation spacer.

Mine looks like the OP. This might be what they sell as the optional ring now to get flat?

If the case can't be drilled and tapped I'm going to shit a brick.

Back