• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Sway Bar Disconnects

vertrx

NAXJA Forum User
Question:
Got a 01 Cherokee with 3 inch Zone lift. We are planning to install the JKS Sway Bar quick disconnects. It is the 2000 for 0-4 inch lifts.

So, the directions say that the sway bar should be from 10-15 degrees of horizontal if I recall correctly. We have a magnetic angle gauge attached to the bottom of the passenger side sway bar arm and put it at 0 degrees, so essentially horizontal. When I move the sway bar up to install the link, it has to be completely shortened so tightened to the lowest or shortest setting and the bar is at about 20 degrees, so pointing up.

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered the issue or if this is normal.

Exactly how mine is. Adjusted all the way down. No issues.
EDIT: no idea why the pic is sideways, sorry.
f423ea3f00a71b2cb862bcb48166afb6.jpg

Sent from my LG G4 using TapaTalk

Thank you for the response. I'll go with that and we'll tighten everything down. Had to get a new bolt, the one they sent with the allen wrench fitting was turned out so we had to get a new one. Outside of that seems like straightforward install subject to the above question.

I had trouble with the Allen head bolts on mine too. It had been installed for a few years and I was changing the bushings and couldn't get the Allen bolts out without stripping. (I don't look good naked anymore). I had to remove the sway bar and apply a heat wrench to the Allen bolts to get them loose.

Back