• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lowering from 6.5 to 4.5?

saybye

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone done this? This thing sits huge over these 36's, it just isn't practical for the off road I do. Wanting to lower it to 4.5" and 35's. It is long armed in the front, just wondering what all Ill have to change or if I can just drop the 4.5 springs in and run it. I thought lowering it that much may change my pinion angle on the front and I may have to shorten my track bar? Opinions/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

If I'm seeing it right, there looks to be a few spring spacers stacked in there. Why not pull those and install the shorter factory part then see where it sits..

1. Is that a crossmember drop block sandwiched between the frame and crossmember which your links are attached? I guess it is holding for now but I vote remove that drop spacer before doing hardcore wheeling.
2. Another vote for remove the spacer pucks above the coils.
3. It looks like there is enough exposed thread to adjust the trac bar?
4. Adjust your pinion/caster angle. (Do you not have harsh driveline vibes?)
5. Probably have to bumpstop a tad or trim a little fender if you lose 2” of lift.
6. May need new shocks depending on how much you plan on articulating the front axle.

I agree, pull all those spacers (appears to be more than one)
And do what you have to do to level out the rear. As stated different shocks will be needed....

But I've ran 4.5" lift with 36" iroks just fine and I loved it. I wouldn't go down in tire size, unless you need new tires too. Just lower it, no need for all that height

for starters get rid of that ghetto ass long arm setup

Back