• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Seat Question

bucklahoo

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ

seat frame with typical cracked rear support beam and back right hinge of drivers side seat.

question....
if you usually buy a seat does it come with this attached to seat or is the notoriously cracked part part of the bracket/slider system.

was gonna get a welder but if its part of the seat theres a lot in the scrap yards.

thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ITUz6MzIoo

Generally you won't find a driver's seat in a junk yard - they're the first thing snapped up if it's not broken.

Here's some pics of my seat that you may get an idea of what you're after. I bent the broken bits back in to their normal position then pop riveted them in place then had the cracks welded. Pics don't show final weldments.

6_DSCF2430.jpg

5_DSCF2429.jpg

4_DSCF2428.jpg

3_DSCF2427.jpg

2_DSCF2424.jpg

Good luck - but many end up performing this repair over and over as the soda-can seat simply breaks near the welded repair. I had mine repaired twice before scrapping it for aftermarket seats and brackets.

Back