• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinion on this locker set up

kzooxj

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna be upgrading my axles soon and am thinking of putting these lockers in Eaton Detroit Truetrac and Dana 30 Powertrax No-Slip Traction System. What is everyones opinion on this set up? Im hoping in the future I wont be DD my jeep as much but saying and doing don't always work out. I mostly just ride trails, climb hills, play in the sand and mud on occasion.

For a 4x4 that sees winters snowy/icy roads, I would prefer a Limited Slip like the TrueTrac in the front axle. The rear axle can be either a Limited Slip or a Locker, a Locker will perform better than a Limited Slip, and will do well off-road and on pavement, summer or winter.

just an observation... the true track replaces the entire carrier, requiring the gears to be reset. the no slip, while the quietest of all the "lunchbox", costs as much as some full case lockers.

if you can do the gear work yourself or are willing to pay to have it done once, why not do it for both axles? i would recommend auto lockers like the detroit or grizzly. i have had both and have been extremely pleased with both. i do prefer the detroit, but both have been CONSIDERABLY quieter than their lunchbox counter parts and much better road manners.

my jeep has been locked front and rear for years. the truck that i daily even has a factory rear locker. snow and ice are non issues... i am in michigan as well. just dont drive like a moron.

Back