• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My DIY quick disconnect mudflaps

moparmansfield

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to share a quick DIY mudflap project I posted in the Sierra Chapter.

Got a little project done this afternoon. I got a "tires sticking out too much" ticket here in SLO and need to install flares or flaps. Here's my version of some quick disconnect mud flaps. The receiver tube will be bolted or welded to the front/center of the stock shackle box. Some guys mount the flaps way back, basically on the rear bumper, but I'd rather them be in a little bit so they don't stand out as much. The receiver tube is 1.25x1.25 & 4.75" long and the flap tube is 1x1 & 12"long. I cut the rubber so that it is flush with the edge of the tires and is about 14" long. Final dimensions were 13'x14'. Will be painting and mounting some time later this week. Also might change out the snap pins for smaller ones. Picked up the rubber mat at Home Depot for $16 and I had the tube floating around. Have plenty of left over mat if anyone down here needs some.

Back