• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with transfer case skid

wilhite78

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm looking for recommendations for a transfer case skid that will work with frame stiffeners and rock sliders already installed for my 98 Cherokee. It has the Np231, currently using 1" TC drop. I'm running has 4.5" lift on 33s also. I already emailed with JCR Offroad and they told me there skid is difficult to fit with frame stiffeners. Thanks to Brian at JCR for the quick and honest response to my email by the way!
Thanks.

Rustys' will also work with both the stiffeners and the TC drop. Many like to bag on his stuff, or used to anyway; but I've beat the snot out of his TC skid over the years and its taken it well. Price of admission isn't too bad either. When you get around to a SYE down the road in will still fit fine after you take the spacers out of your cross member. Or you won't have so much money into it that you'll take a hit if you decide to go another route when you put your cross member back where it should be/upgrade.

Rustys' will also work with both the stiffeners and the TC drop. Many like to bag on his stuff, or used to anyway; but I've beat the snot out of his TC skid over the years and its taken it well. Price of admission isn't too bad either. When you get around to a SYE down the road in will still fit fine after you take the spacers out of your cross member. Or you won't have so much money into it that you'll take a hit if you decide to go another route when you put your cross member back where it should be/upgrade.

I have rustys too. an older model, but the design is relatively the same.

has worked on many different crossmembers ive had on it. and now with stiffeners.

I have rustys too. an older model, but the design is relatively the same.

has worked on many different crossmembers ive had on it. and now with stiffeners.
Yeah, I noticed that the current version is basically the same as my ~13 year old skid except that they now have a stiffiner.

Not sure about the shipping cost now days but I'm sure it was cheaper years back.

What is your level of off-road? If it's nothing extreme or pure rocks. The factory tcase skid modified works really well. Makes it flush with the stock crossmember and all you have to do is drill and tap a hole in your frame stiffeners to mount it.

These are mine that I did with the stock tcase. I Followed gojeep thread
73c48792cf80bc4d812f63496117557a.jpg

17c30465153a927db96615bc4c5da6cd.jpg

Just a cheap idea

Thanks for the replies. I went with the Skidrow. Looks pretty similar to Rusty's and has pretty good reviews. Plus I got it through the local 4 Wheel Parts with free shipping to the store. Probably won't get around to installing it for a few weeks but I'll post something when I do.

Back