• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arm bushings for unknown lift kit

INEEDA

NAXJA Forum User
I am in dire need of control arm bushings on my 99 xj trail rig. Problem is, I have no clue who the manufacture of the lift is as the control arms on it look nothing like any I've seen. It was already lifted when I bought t. Do most these lift manufactures use oem bushings? This thing is scetchy as all get out at highway speeds lol my wrangler drives better than my xj! I've replaced everything on the front end(ball joints, hubs/bearings, inner/outer tie rods, drag link, pitman, calipers, rotors, even new lug nuts lol. I don't have death wobble or anything like that, but she's clanking on the floorboard and I can see the axle shifting when I and backing up slow and hit the brakes, and she is all over the road...

So here's what I'm working with...any ideas?
25567248101014550818.jpg

79164007855381265459.jpg

Those are older Rough Country arms.

I don't think anyone uses OE bushings

JKS has used OEM bushings, on their control arms, for over a decade.

You might try removing a CA so the bushing is more identifiable, in a photo

What's the function of the greaseable sleeve?
It looks like the LCA could have play there as well.
That is how the arms are adjusted and articulate. I ran those same arms for years and they actually worked well.

That is how the arms are adjusted and articulate. I ran those same arms for years and they actually worked well.
Oh okay.
Looking at the sleeve, where it ends on the LCA, the top side makes contact and the lower side has a gap in it.
I'm wondering if there is some radial play present.

I'm not sure of the design but if the two parts of the arm can move seperately a full 360°, I bet alot of un binded articulation can be had.

Iron Man Andy uses a similar design as his aduster although there is a jamb nut at the end of the sleeve.

Last edited:
Didn't know rough country did the same as the jks arms. Good to know

I somewhat doubt that Rough Country CAs are of the same quality as the JKS CAs.
Rough Country has a rough reputation for its whole range of parts.

I have run the JKS LCAs, on my 2001 XJ, for over a 100,00 miles.
The OEM bushings are still in good shape and the articulating threads tight, no slop. The CAs get a shot of grease every oil change and that's it.

JKS builds high quality parts and you pay dearly for them.
I would buy them again in a heartbeat, being in it for the long haul, wanting parts that will not need replacement in just a couple of years.

Back