• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which wiring harness

Kinch1

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, new member, first time post. I apologize if this isn't the correct message board.

I always wanted an XJ, but never had one. Luckily for my 16 year old son, he wanted an XJ, so I got him one. I think I got a screaming deal too. It's a 92.

So anyway, I am not a mechanic by any means however I am not afraid to try simple things. The headlights are flickering. I have done the standard google research and learned that you can temporarily fix this with a, (described as harder than it looks) replacement of the switch. Or, a long term solution of replacing the wiring harness.

So here is my question. I've read a lot about the Putco harness featured here: Amazon.com: Putco 230004HW Premium Automotive Lighting H4 100W Heavy Duty Wiring Harness and Relay: Automotive Amazon.com: Putco 230004HW Premium Automotive Lighting H4 100W Heavy Duty Wiring Harness and Relay: Automotive
But recently, read some threads that there is one on ebay that is not only cheaper, but has more reliable relays. I believe this is the one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-H4-Headl...RTFaJF&vxp=mtr

Anyway, I want to get this ordered this morning, so I can install it this weekend. Can anyone tell me which one to order? Or perhaps one I didn't list at all?

Thanks very much. Sorry if this is on the wrong board.
Kinch is online now Report Post

The Putco works. I have one in both of my XJ's. The relays are kinda crappy, I replaced them with some Honda relays from the junkyard. The Honda part number is 39797-SE0-004 and you can find them at the junkyard in: Honda s2000 2000-07, Pilot 2003-07, Prelude 1997-01, CR-V 1991-01, Odyssey 1995-98, Civic 2d 1996-00 or 4d 1998-00, Accord 1998-02.

Back