• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket seats for a DD

D.I.T.A

NAXJA Forum User
What are you guys running ? I absolutely can't stand the stock seats anymore and the foam is just crumbling away so naturally it's time for a upgrade . Lumbar support is pretty important to me but other then that just looking for a comfortable seat that I can drive for hours in and not feel like I was hit by a jeep .

I have the PRP Daily Driver, fixed back with their mounting bracket. Very nice seat. I like it better than my old Mastercraft Rubicon because of the slightly more reclined seat back. And the Mastercraft materials quality was disappointing.
I ordered this in vinyl/tweed but the local shop ordered vinyl/suede - I originally thought the suede was too much bling for my rig but have since changed my mind because the build is damn good and so was the price.

I know they're not the cheapest option but I've had a MasterCraft Baja RS seat in my XJ for ~ 3 years now and it still looks brand new. This is my DD that get's about 15,000 miles + per year on it. Color matches almost perfectly to my passenger side seat which I didn't replace since it barely gets sat in. Also this seat doesn't give me butt, leg or back fatigue when riding for long periods of time like I get in even some of the new cars or trucks we drive when on long trips.

I've had Cobra Seats, Corbeau, Recaro and a lot of other high-end seats and this is the best suspension type seat I've personally had. Corbeau's are nice to begin with but the material and quality is just not that durable from my experience compared to some others. Sometimes it's best to pay once and cry once... :)

ZJ/WJ seats are close to plug n play. But if you are going to spend money, go PRP or Mastercraft.

Dich

I have the stock seats in my 1998 and love them, I have my old PRP daily drivers sitting waiting to go in, I loved those on my last rig, saved them for this rig. the 97+ seats are awesome.

I have the PRP Daily Driver, fixed back with their mounting bracket. Very nice seat. I like it better than my old Mastercraft Rubicon because of the slightly more reclined seat back. And the Mastercraft materials quality was disappointing.
I ordered this in vinyl/tweed but the local shop ordered vinyl/suede - I originally thought the suede was too much bling for my rig but have since changed my mind because the build is damn good and so was the price.

Really digging these ! And the price is nice . I'm still exploring the options you guys are recommending but any stock jeep seat isn't an option . I've had ZJ seats before and wasn't a fan , I need more support then a zj seat or wj seat .

I have mastercraft baja rs seats. They have plenty of support , lumbar and sides. And they really take the small jolts away bombing down fireroads.

Back