• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police Package parts on SE XJ

kadetklapp

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about putting police package brake pads on the front of my SE XJ. I would imagine this would require upgrading to the bigger discs as well. Would the caliper be different for these?

Also considering XJ police package shock absorbers.

I believe Police package shocks were of the Monroe Magnum type (gas) and the brake upgrade was primarily 10" rear drums (instead of 9").

Watched Blue Brothers on the late night show ?

The Police Package parts were just stock off the shelf items that were also used in the Tow Package, and UpCountry Off-Road option. Cop Jeeps got the same brakes as everybody else.

My Jeep was previously a police vehicle but not a police package. I can get nicer and cheaper brake parts from Rock Auto, just want to make sure there isn't fitment issue. Primarily just interested in front brake pads, rotors, and shocks.

There's nothing special about any of it. Monotube shocks, more aggressive brake pads maybe. Ignore Rock Auto's categories & usage notes.
Centric's higher end rotors & fleet service pads treat me pretty well.

I've been trying to find an extended idle switch, however, they are no longer being offered new. I did manage to snag one of the last four-switch bezels new in the country. Paid over $140 unfortunately...

However, on to the brakes and shocks, I believe the shocks have a slightly longer length (same as the Country I suspect, since the police package shared suspension and armor with it) but I'm concerned the rotors are bigger.

What measurement have you taken that suggest the rotors are any different than a regular XJ ?

Back